THE GRETTA FOUNDATION (TGF) HAS COMPLETED A FIVE-YEAR PROGRAMMATIC PLAN TO SUPPORT 1,125 NEW NURSING SCHOLARSHIPS IN UGANDA.
The Gretta Foundation (TGF) has completed a five-year programmatic plan to support 1,125 new nursing scholarships in Uganda.
Currently, there are only 16,000 nurses in Uganda. In the US, the nurse to population ratio is 776:100,000. In Uganda, the same ratio is an abysmal 6:100,000. Representatives from TGF recently returned from Uganda where we met with the Ministry of Health to make strides in our goal to increase the number of nurses in the country (check out our blog).
After two years of on-the-ground research, TGF has finalized a programmatic plan to:
- Increase the numbers of nurses on the ground by 1,125 in 5 years.
- Provide text books, resource materials, computers and clinical skill lab equipment to 17 schools of nursing.
- Support a professional outreach campaign connecting to 6,400 nursing students and 12,000 working nurses.
- Bolster nursing professional development.
- Foster retention to keep nurses in Uganda.
Back to school!
A new nursing school season is just weeks away and young women await word as to whether they will be able to realize their dream of attending nursing school. For just $3000 per scholar/year, together we can change their lives and help them save lives in return.
All donations are 100% tax deductible. Please visit ourwebsite to make a donation or mail a check to:
The Gretta Foundation, 101 California St., Suite #2450, San Francisco, CA 94111.
Thank you immensely for your support.
President & Founder
HOW TO CONTACT US
One Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94104